I had to completely redesign the X Y Motion mechanism for the tabletop that I had cut.
Once I had figured out how to make the movements work in the new space, I was able to begin putting it together.
Here’s a preview of how it will function, once I get all of the motors in place (just one left!)
I may have to slightly redesign the layout of the letters and words, and I’d like to add a little bit more embellishment. Once the mechanics are working, I’ll build the legs, remove the vinyl letters, spray the table top gold, wait for it to dry, and then apply new vinyl letters with the design. Then I’ll paint the entire table black, and remove the vinyl so that the gold shows through. I may add some more embellishment to make the table look more Eastlake-like, but that’s basically it.